The Contractor is to perform the work included in this statement of work in collaboration with the ARO team provided by the Department. The effort will be divided but not limited to the following activities:
The Contractor shall provide advice and assistance on specific activities within the ARO implementation, such as definition, recognition, measurement, and presentation.
- Develop and present a project plan for the area within scope. This includes setting of priorities to meet time deadlines identified in Section 7 below;
- Collect, review, and analyze relevant data and documentation to assist in the development of financial continuity schedule for the application of ARO for the Department’s TCAs;
- The ARO financial continuity schedule must have the ability to prepare monthly amortization calculations;
- The ARO financial continuity schedule must have all the reporting requirements stipulated in the PS 3280 ARO accounting standard;
- The ARO financial continuity schedule must work with the current TCA continuity schedule;
- The ARO continuity schedule must also have the ability to report financial information for year-end reporting requirements for the Departmental Financial Statements and the Plates and Forms for the Public Accounts Reporting;
- The ARO continuity schedule will have a corresponding liability section which will have to meet the reporting requirements stipulated in the PS 3280 ARO accounting standard;
- Develop guidance documents for the operation and maintenance of the ARO financial continuity schedule;
- Prepare Business Requirements for system changes to ensure the ARO financial continuity schedule is automated as much as possible; and
- Ensure the ARO financial continuity schedule has been safeguarded against any risks of data corruption.
The contractor shall review the documents listed below. In addition, other relevant documents and/or websites may be made available when the contractor is conducting the review:
- Financial Administration Manual 1020-4 Capital Assets
- Directive on Accounting Standards: GC 3150 Tangible Capital Assets
- Public Service Accounting Standards: PS 3150 – Tangible Capital Assets
- Public Service Accounting Standards: PS 3280 Asset Retirement Obligations
- Directive on Accounting Standards: GC 5000 Recording Financial Transactions in the Accounts of Canada
- Resource has a minimum of three (3) years’ experience providing advice regarding the functionality of an Enterprise Resource Planning system (I.e. SAP, Oracle) that has more than one module – such as asset accounting module, materiel management module, and/or plant maintenance module.
- Resource has two (2) years’ experience in the last five (5) years working with Microsoft Power BI and Power Query for Excel analyze large data sets of 5 million records or more.
Resource has developed a complex data reporting solution in a Federal or Provincial Government Department which have been undertaken in the last 5 years