Looking for consultant who can temporarily fill the role of Sr. Director of Data and Analytics
while we search for a full-time replacement. The role of data and analytics has quickly become an important part of the culture and it is important that we continue the momentum while advising on implementation and adjustments to our strategy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Continues development and implementation of data and analytics strategy based on the Strategic Plan for Authority-wide projects and initiatives;
- Understands existing reporting and analytics processes/best practices and identifies innovative strategies for enhancements
- Advises leadership on data capabilities in support of various projects, initiatives, dashboard capabilities and reports;
- Collaborates with leadership to define data requirements for new business initiatives particularly in the areas of BI, analytics, and data warehousing;
- Serves as a liaison with external data providers;
- Provides oversight to advance projects and initiatives; and
- Ability to work across various departments to establish common business definitions and rules on key performance indicators based on the current environment with the ability to build conceptual data models as the organization continues to grow.
- Analyzing databases to assess accessibility and accuracy and identifying opportunities for new data sources;
- Partner with IT on existing data infrastructure and reporting environment for analysis of key information;
- Mentors and guides an existing data and analytics organization of internal and external individuals.
- Extensive knowledge of business intelligence practices and tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, MicroStrategy);
- Experience with Data. World, Alation, Informatica or other type of data cataloging technologies
- Experience with SQL, R, SAS, python, SPARQL, JSON or other type of data analytics technologies and languages;
- Skills in contract management;
- Knowledge of how to build and manage an effective data operation (Agile experience a plus);
- Ability to build and scale a data governance program ensuring data is managed properly, according to principles, policies, standards, and procedures, while delivering high quality data;
- Understanding of Talend, Alteryx, Informatica, Azure Pipelines, Amazon Glue or other data pipeline technologies
- Ability to drive KPI adoption and goal setting;
- Understanding of ArcGIS and geo-spatial data is a preferred but optional
- Ability to define problems, research issues and develop logical and practical solutions within the framework of general principles of information technology project management and the policies and procedures of the Authority.
- Experience with technology-driven change management;
- Ability to understand technology concepts at a high level, and communicate with technical people;
- Skills in verbal and written communication;
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external resources to resolve potential conflicts and maintain a teamwork atmosphere;
- Skills in effective stakeholder management;
- Skills in human relations; and
- Ability to direct and lead team members and external contractors.
If you feel you are a good fit please send us a recent resume and we will set up an interview.