Our client is seeking the services of an Application Architect to work with internal and external stakeholders to advance the maturity of developed products and services.
This role will report directly to the Manager, IT Architecture.
The work is expected to span the period from August2, 2022–March31, 2023, with the possibility for an extension of three (3) months.
Scope of Work
The Application Architect will participate in the following activities in order to augment our client's service development and delivery teams:
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders, including the Ministry of Health, Ontario Health, EMR vendors, health system delivery partners and clinicians to provide IT architecture expertise throughout the product or service development lifecycle to advance the mature use of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) solutions
- Provide architecture leadership and direction in the design, development, delivery and ongoing enhancement of both new and current products and services, including application development and data warehousing
- Formally develop and document architectural artifacts, in alignment with Ministry of Health and Ontario Health provincial interfaces, architecture and standards, using industry best practices and frameworks
- Provide subject matter expertise on messaging and terminology standards for use in integration solutions
- Leverage ISO and other recognized provincial security control frameworks to ensure and advance minimum privacy and security practices
- Lead and facilitate cross-stakeholder technology workshops
- Develop and provide presentations and documentation to various internal and external audiences, as required
- Provide regular reporting on the progress and status of assigned tasks
The evidence of the candidate’s skills in these areas will be evaluated to assess the candidate’s ability to deliver on the Scope of Work. The following areas will be evaluated:
- University degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in development or IT architecture
- Minimum five (5) years designing software solutions with emphasis on the experience in a healthcare setting
- Experience implementing digital health standards, including messaging and content standards (e.g.: FHIR, JSON, OAuth2, OIDC, etc.)
- Experience with message transformation (e.g.: Rhapsody), including a strong understanding of MS Office 365 and Azure technologies.
- Experience with solution and application architecture design life cycle using Agile/scrum methodologies. Preference will be given to TOGAF certification.
- Experience incorporating AODA(Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) requirements into designs and implementations
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining productive working relationships with internal/external stakeholders in complex, multi-stakeholder health care environments
- Excellent written presentation skills, including experience presenting to internal and external executives